Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Well, today I am in relief.
Perhaps I should backtrack just a little so that that statement does not seem quiet so, well, here goes.
I have a minor phobia about dentists, so, I had been living with a toothache for a number of months till a few weeks ago.
Well the pain finally defeated me and I went to the dentist, the first trip to the dentist in over 10 years.
The dentist proceeded to take a look into the deep chasm of my oral cavity and proclaimed that I had at least three teeth that were beyond rescue. He then preceded to extract the three of them, well the drugs were fine and for the first time in months
I was feeling no pain. This is good.
The next day I had a really badly inflamed tongue, now I put this down to some minor damage as a result of the extraction of the three teeth.
Over the course of the next week the swelling went down in my gums and my mouth was beginning to heal, except for the tongue.
I began to notice what appeared to be a piece of tooth poking out of the inside lower gum, irritating my tongue and making things difficult to eat and swallow.
Well today I was playing around in my mouth as one is inclined to do and presto out pops a piece of tooth, ahh, relief at last already I am feeling no pain, my tongue is diminishing rapidly in size and I am without mouth pain. The moral of the story, attend the dentist more often, at least every 5 years at a minimum.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Ouch! Well at least you got relief! I guess I am not gonna complain about having to go to the dentist anymore...or, well, at least for now - lol